- Hello from the Pacific Northwest
- Hello from Wellington NZ
- Cheesecake - Raspberry/White Chocolate and cheesecake tips
- Converting commercial yeast to sourdough?
- Pro Tip: Never trust a pan on the stove
- Sous Vide Question: Vacuum Seal -vs- Ziploc Bags
- Greetings From Downunder , Brisbane Queensland
- Greetings From Florida
- Anova & Sous Vide Cooking Temps / Times
- Chicken A La King Recipe
Herb Roasted Red Potatoes
Oven roasted potatoes are one of my favorite, go-to side dishes when cooking at home. In this particular technique, we first blanch the potatoes using a cold water start (just like we would with any other root vegetable) and then roast in a hot oven until golden brown.
Since the potatoes are already cooked through during the blanching process, you don't have to concern yourself with finding that perfect oven temperature that will cook the potatoes all the way through while generating the perfect color crust. After the potatoes are blanched, simply toss with your favorite cooking oil and seasonings, and then roast in a hot oven until golden brown.