- Fresh turmeric
- Vacuum packing
- Chicken: (How age, breed, breeding mechanism and size affect flavor)
- Ask Chef Jacob - No Really, Ask Me A Question ...
- The benefit of understanding the Baker's Percentage system...
- The Science of Freezing
- Best equipment for confit & sous vide applications
- Gelee/Gelatin/Gel, How to get it & How use it
- What constitutes the perfect Buffalo Wing
- Holding cabinets
Braised Chicken Thighs - Video Recipe
In this video we make a version of Stella Culinary's most popular recipe, our "World Famous Braised Chicken Thighs." Since a lot of the SC community has already made the original braised chicken thigh recipe, we change it up slightly by using sherry wine instead of balsamic vinegar and fry whole cloves of garlic to make an infused oil instead of using blanched garlic.
If you want to hone your culinary skills over the course of a couple days, buy a few whole chickens and break the chicken down into its separate parts. Use the bones to make a roasted chicken stock which you can then use to braise the thighs. The following day, use the breasts to make a poached chicken roulade. Practice your sauteing technique by serving the roulade with sauted vegetables such as english peas, pearl onions, and/or fava beans. Sauce with a a reinforced chicken stock that's been turned into a pan reduction sauce to round out an epic training session.