- Transferring from banneton to hot iron dutch oven
- Fermented my sauerkraut, now what?
- How to avoid dry turkey sausage w/o just adding fat?
- Excited to be a new member!
- Halibut sous vide
- Using the Discarded starter
- sourdough starter question
- Types of Wood for Smoking
- French Fries
- How do you store your fresh bread?
Braised Chicken Thighs - Video Recipe
In this video we make a version of Stella Culinary's most popular recipe, our "World Famous Braised Chicken Thighs." Since a lot of the SC community has already made the original braised chicken thigh recipe, we change it up slightly by using sherry wine instead of balsamic vinegar and fry whole cloves of garlic to make an infused oil instead of using blanched garlic.
If you want to hone your culinary skills over the course of a couple days, buy a few whole chickens and break the chicken down into its separate parts. Use the bones to make a roasted chicken stock which you can then use to braise the thighs. The following day, use the breasts to make a poached chicken roulade. Practice your sauteing technique by serving the roulade with sauted vegetables such as english peas, pearl onions, and/or fava beans. Sauce with a a reinforced chicken stock that's been turned into a pan reduction sauce to round out an epic training session.